Have you heard about reiki and are thinking of trying it out yourself?
Are you still on the fence about reiki and want to find out more?
Do you want to find out if reiki really is beneficial for you and only then want to try it out?
If you are thinking about giving a shot at reiki but are not sure whether or not it will really have any benefits, you can find some information in this article that may help you find out more and make up your mind.
Here, read about whether or not reiki is really good for you, its various benefits and whether or not there is any scientific evidence to support this. We are also sharing tips to help you get the maximum benefits from your reiki session, so read on.
Is reiki really good for you?
Practicing reiki is said to attune your mind, spirit and body to this energy, which helps you gain maximum benefits from what this energy has to offer you.
Studies or evidence to show what is reiki good for
Some studies do suggest that reiki has the following benefits:
- An effective benefit for patients being treated for physical illness, especially those suffering from pain.
- It is also beneficial for physiological health, such as improving a person’s heart rate.
- Reiki can have a calming and positive effect on people suffering from depression, stress, anxiety, hopelessness, anger and such negative emotions.
13 known benefits of reiki
Here are 13 of the most popular benefits that you can get from practicing reiki:
The benefits it has on your mind:
- A reiki session creates a state of extreme relaxation that helps your mind to feel calm and relaxed.
- This helps to reduce stress and anxiety and makes you more positive, improving your mental health.
Brings a sense of peace to both practitioner and client:
- Practicing reiki can be a very healing and calming experience for both the practitioner as well as for the person on whom reiki is being performed.
- It helps to bring a sense of harmony by dissolving any energy blocks that you may have.
- As a result, it helps to promote a natural balance between your mind, body and spirit.
Improves your body’s natural healing process:
- When you practice reiki, you enter a deep state of relaxation.
- This allows your body to start its natural healing process.
- Practicing reiki helps your mind, body and soul to connect with the energy of the universe, which helps this energy to mix in your body.
- This energy helps to promote healing, especially when you are in a state of deep relaxation.
Improves sleep quality:
- Reiki allows your mind to enter a state of complete relaxation.
- At this point, your stress levels reduce considerably and you feel a strong sense of calm and peace.
- This is said to especially help those who suffer from insomnia or other sleep disorders.
- If you have trouble falling asleep, or staying asleep, practicing reiki can remove stress and anxiety, and help you reach a sense of calm that can aid in better sleep.
Reiki can promote creativity:
- Those who practice reiki feel that it clears the mind and reduces any mental chaos and chatter.
- When your mind is less cluttered, your focus will improve and you will be able to tap into your own creativity.
- It can also help you see things in a better perspective and improve your imagination too.
Great tool to take better decisions in life:
- One of the things that almost everyone who practices reiki talks about is how it helps to reduce confusion and improve clarity in thought.
- As a result, when you practice reiki on a regular basis, you may find that you are able to look at problems and situations with a clearer and more level-headed perspective.
- It also enables you to make better and informed choices when making important decisions about life and related matters.
A powerful enabler of spiritual growth:
- For those who are looking to improve their spiritual self and growth, reiki can be a great way to start.
- A reiki session can help to cleanse your emotional state and make you feel more at peace.
- As a result, you feel harmonious and better connected to the universe and others around you.
- This mainly happens because the sessions can open you up to a better and improved spiritual view.
Can help you leave the past and move ahead:
- Reiki sessions can help clear up any mental and emotional blockages that you have held on to, whether knowingly or subconsciously.
- As a result, you will be able to let go of all those negative emotions that you may have been holding on to, which have been hurting and affecting you till now.
- Reiki can help you leave the past behind where it belongs, and look at life with a more positive and clearer approach.
- This can help you to move ahead in a more positive way.
Reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety:
- For those who are prone to depression and anxiety, reiki sessions bring a more holistic and natural way to heal the mind and body.
- A reiki session can heal your mind and provide you with the calm and sense of peace that you are looking for.
- It also helps to give your life a higher purpose, and a reason to live happier.
Improve your overall physical health:
- Stress and anxiety often lead to various physical health issues such as high blood pressure, GERD, heart issues and so on.
- Leading a calmer and stress-free life can significantly help reduce these physical ailments by aiding a better balance between the mind and soul.
Help reduce chronic pain:
- In many cases, chronic pain, other than due to an obvious physical issue, could also be a result of emotional or psychological issues.
- Reiki allows healing energy to flow freely through your body, thereby reducing any tension, stress and pain.
Help reduce colic in babies:
- Some people say that performing reiki on babies has helped to reduce their colic and improve their sleeping habits.
- While this could be helpful in many cases, we would suggest you try this out by a certified reiki master.
Faster and better healing post-surgery:
- Reiki may help to improve your healing process after a surgery and speed up the time it takes for your body to get back to its healthy state.
- This is especially because it can calm you down and open your mind and soul to its natural healing process.
3 expert tips to get the maximum benefits from your reiki session
- Try to practice it daily to increase the vibrations it brings.
- Receive it from others to remove any blockages you may have, and unblock any stagnant energy.
- Practice reiki in addition to practicing an overall healthier lifestyle, so that you get the perfect balance in your life.
We hope that now that you have read about all the different benefits of reiki, you will find more reasons to start practicing the same. Also, we hope that you use these tips that we have shared here, to get the best possible benefits from your reiki session.