What is the reiki distance symbol?
Does it have any other names?
What does it look like?
The reiki distance symbol is also known has Hon Sha Ze Sho. It is one of the many symbols of reiki, and it is used to help enhance, amplify, and improve a reiki healing session. This symbol is one of the main three that are provided to reiki practitioners as they become more skilled, and it’s part of the framework of learning reiki.
This is a unique symbol, in that it can be used to spread healing energy across vast distances and even across time. Learning it takes a little time, and it may be difficult to master simply because of how complicated it is to draw. However, it’s a very crucial symbol that can make a big difference in a practitioner’s ability to spread healing energy.
In this article, you’ll find out everything you need to know about Hon Sha Ze Sho. You’ll learn more about its meaning, how to use it, and how to draw it as well.
With this information, you’ll be better prepared to start learning and incorporating it into your regular reiki practice. You may even be ready to speak to your own reiki teacher or master about attuning you so that you can use this symbol in a more official capacity.
Read on to find out more.
Hon Sha Ze Sho
What is the meaning or purpose of this symbol?
- This symbol refers to the timeless quality of reiki. In other words, reiki is not bound by time, and it can be sent to any time regardless of where you are on your own timeline in the moment that you send it.
- The same is true of distance; you can use this symbol to send reiki energy through distance healing and provide relief and cleansing to anyone, anywhere, at any time. You don’t have to know the person or people you’re sending it to, and since the intention is to do no harm, there is no reason not to learn how to do this.
What does it add to a reiki practice?
- The distance healing reiki symbol can be used to treat problems related to the client’s past. If the client has trauma or other issues associated with the past, reiki can be sent back in time—not to alter what happened, but to ease the burden of the memories for your client in the present.
- It can also be used to improve situations that might happen in the future. For example, if you have a concerning meeting coming up at work, reiki can be sent into the future to “wait” for you at that time. Then, you can access it when you will need it the most. You can easily perform this type of reiki healing for your clients as well.
Can it be used by any reiki practitioner?
- Not quite. This symbol is one of the first ones learned by healers-in-training, so it is okay for intermediate practitioners to use it. However, it should not be used by absolute beginners, and neither should any of the other symbols in reiki, either. You will need to be at least reiki level 2 in order to use this symbol as well as most other symbols. You’ll also need to be attuned by a reiki master in order to put this symbol to work for you.
What are some of the ways in which this symbol can be used?
Use this symbol to heal across distances:
- First, write the name of the person (or place, or group) who will be receiving your healing energies on a piece of paper.
- Draw this symbol above it in the air. Some practitioners prefer to draw it on their palms; however, for distance purposes, in the air generally works better.
- Speak the name of the person who will be receiving the healing energies.
- Send the energy to that person.
- End with a loud clap to seal the reiki energy.
- Use this symbol in your regular in-person sessions:
- Draw the symbol on your palm and then again in the air above your client.
- Focus on chakras that need to be healed or cleansed. For example, if you’re dealing with a traumatic past experience and sending reiki to the past to help heal it, focus on the applicable chakra.
How do you draw it?
This is one of the most complicated reiki symbols to learn how to draw.
- Begin by drawing a cross. Where the two lines meet in the center of the cross, draw two swooping diagonals branching off in either direction. Then draw a smaller cross at the bottom of the center line. This is the first part of the symbol.
- Next, draw a horizontal line and cross it with another swooping diagonal line vertically. Beneath that, draw the top three lines of a rectangle with a short horizontal line in the middle. Add a longer horizontal line underneath it. Next, draw a vertical line coming straight down from the horizontal line, then add a horizontal line branching off to the right and a short vertical line on the left. This is the second part of the symbol.
- Finally, draw two swooping diagonal lines next to each other, going out in opposing directions. Add a horizontal line between them. Draw a swooping 7-like shape, and add another swooping diagonal to the right of it. Finish the symbol with two short scoop shapes facing each other, like parentheses.
The distance healing symbol for reiki is one of the most important to learn. This choice can help you take your reiki practice from something very personal to something you can share with others, and that is one of the biggest steps you can take as a healer-in-training. When you get the hang of using the reiki distance healing symbol, you’re giving yourself a good chance to spread your healing energies and abilities around the world.
Of course, it’s important to understand why you might want to do this, as well. Here are a few benefits to remember when you use the distance healing reiki symbol:
- This symbol can be used across both space and time, so it has a lot of methods in which it can heal. This option can work on several different kinds of problems.
- You can use this symbol to send healing energies to those suffering from disaster, even if they live half a world away, and even if you’ve never met them.
- As long as the intentions are good and you “do no harm,” as per the reiki practice as a whole, you can also use this symbol to work on issues that concern you in your local area, your country, and the world as a whole.
Now that you can see why this symbol is so important, it’s time to start practicing it for yourself. Remember, however, that you should be at least a level 2 reiki practitioner before you use the distance healing symbol. You should always learn how to perform reiki on yourself and heal your own needs before you work on those of others.
If you are studying under a reiki master, they will guide you and let you know when you’re ready to start using this symbol. You should wait until you are at least attuned for reiki level 2 before you give it a try.