What is the International Center for Reiki Training?
When was it established, and who started it?
Why is it considered a center of reiki experts?
The International Center for Reiki Training is one of the most prestigious names in the world of reiki schools. It was founded by William Lee Rand, who began teaching reiki in 1989 and started the Center in 1991.
Although the Center originally taught just one style of reiki, it now includes a variety of other methods and schools of thought. This offer also certifies teachers for reiki instruction and provides many other services as well.
This school is one of the oldest reiki schools in the United States, and it has been educating reiki students for decades. With a lot of experience and history to back it up, it’s easy to see why this school has become as well-known and highly respected as it has.
In the article below, you’ll find more specific information about the International Center for Reiki Training. You’ll be able to use this information to decide whether or not you’d like to pursue training from this quality institution, and you can also find out what benefits you might receive if you do.
Take a look at the article, too, to find out more about the courses and certifications offered at the Center. You just might find exactly what you’re looking for as you further your reiki studies!
Qualities of the International Center for Reiki Training
In this section, you’ll learn just some of the qualities of the Center that help it stand out from other schools of reiki education. These features make a big difference in the way the Center trains and educates its students.
- The International Center for Reiki Training provides tons of resources for everyone who is interested in reiki, regardless of where they are on their own journey. There’s information on the web site for beginners, experienced practitioners, masters, teachers, and much more.
- The Center is always at the forefront of reiki movements in the West. When changes occur or new information is made available, it is studied and integrated into the Center’s classes and lessons.
- It is possible to become a member of the Center and gain benefits that are only accessible by members. These benefits include information about reiki careers, up-to-date training and information, and much more.
- The Center is always ready and willing to answer questions from those who study with them.
Of course, there’s always room for improvement. Here are a few areas in which students and clients feel the Center can improve:
- One of the most common criticisms of the Center is its cost. The courses are very expensive from the Center and may be pricier than those offered by other schools. This is, of course, because the Center is very prestigious and offers a complete and thorough education. Although the price is a downside to some, most students agree the value of their education is worth the money.
- On a related note, some students also feel the courses take too long to complete at the Center. Once again, this time commitment is due to the in-depth nature of the courses and study programs offered, and many students agree it’s worth it.
- Some people also feel that the school is too prestigious. For example, some of the courses only take a few new students a year, even though they may receive hundreds or even thousands of applicants. Because it can be very difficult to get into these programs, the Center may come across in a negative light to some individuals. However, because the Center only takes a few new students for some programs each year, they are more capable of offering one-on-one education for those who are accepted into these programs.
Below, you’ll find a list of the courses and certification programs offered at the International Center for Reiki Training. These are always changing and evolving, so if you don’t see what you’re looking for, be sure to check out the Center’s web site to find out more about what’s currently available.
Holy Fire I, II, and III
- Holy Fire reiki is a type of reiki that was created by the Center and by its founder, William Rand. The concept of Holy Fire reiki is all about wholeness and providing healing energy that can make the client whole once again.
- All three levels of Holy Fire reiki are taught at the Center. This includes information on how to do self-healing with reiki as well as to heal others, and it includes distance healing information too. Massage therapy education is provided as part of this program as well.
- This is the more traditional form of reiki that comes from Dr. Mikao Usui’s original teachings. At the Center, levels 1 and 2 can be completed and attuned before moving on to a mastery level class. Reiki mastery is a separate program from levels 1 and 2 of Usui or Tibetan reiki.
- This class also includes information on self-healing with reiki, distance healing, and healing work for others. It helps students learn how to use reiki for detailed and specific issues as well as how to use all required hand symbols throughout a session.
Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Program
- This class is for those who have been a reiki master for at least two years. By completing this course, masters will be licensed as teachers and associated with the Center, meaning they can offer classes through the Center when openings are available.
- Teachers can learn to teach Usui, Karuna, or Holy Fire reiki, and they can also become licensed to attune other reiki masters as well. This is a very in-depth course program that prepares experienced reiki masters to share their knowledge with others and help spread the information needed to properly practice reiki.
- Most states require reiki practitioners to be licensed as certified massage therapists, since reiki involves some level of placing hands on the client. At the Center, students can earn the required certification to legally practice reiki in their own businesses. This certification is provided under the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- This opportunity is only available to students who have taken or are currently taking other classes from the Center. This choice is offered at a discounted rate for Center students.
- Do your own research before signing up for this program, as your state (or country) may require difference licensing for legal purposes.
Do you think the International Center for Reiki Training is right for you? This is a great resource for those who are interested in diving deep into the study of reiki. With many different course and certification offerings, it’s easy to find just what you’re looking for and expand your horizons further than you might have ever thought possible.
However, since the Center’s classes are expensive and require a much bigger time commitment than many others, it may not be for everyone. Despite these potential pitfalls, though, we highly recommend working with the International Center for Reiki Training if you are interested and able to do so.