What is Jikiden reiki?
How does it differ from traditional reiki?
Is it only intended for people who earn a special certification?
Jikiden reiki is a type of reiki that was practiced originally in Japan and has been brough to the western world by experienced reiki practitioners. It is a simple but very effective form of reiki healing that is easy for individuals to learn if they choose to do so.
One of the most compelling elements of jikiden reiki is just how simple it is to both learn and practice. This makes it accessible to beginners but also very enticing to those who know their way around reiki already.
However, it is still similar to the more traditional version of reiki as well, in that it focuses on balancing energies, healing and cleansing the body, and removing toxins in physical, mental, and spiritual ways.
It is possible to earn a certification in jikiden reiki. This is a good idea if you’re planning to offer the treatment to others, and especially if you think you’re going to open your own reiki practice or join an existing one. However, if you’re simply looking to perform jikiden reiki on yourself or family, you can learn how to do so without being certified first.
In this article, you’ll find out the basics of what’s required for jikiden reiki. From there, you can more easily determine whether or not this type of reiki is something you would be interested in pursuing and studying further.
Read on to find out more!
Jikiden reiki is very similar to traditional reiki, but with a few key differences. In this section, you’ll find out some of the basics of this type of reiki so you can determine whether or not it sounds like a good choice for you. Even if you don’t choose to pursue this area of study, it may be helpful to schedule a few jikiden sessions for yourself to see what it’s like.
Commonly used materials:
- There are no real materials needed in jikiden reiki. This is a very simplistic type of reiki that simply doesn’t require much in order to perform it. This type of reiki doesn’t specify any sort of sound, texture, or peripheral healing apparatus like some other variants might.
- With that said, however, you will still need a table for yourself or your client to lay down on. If you’re performing reiki on yourself or a family member, you may also want to use the floor instead, with a mat spread onto the floor for comfort. If you’re working in a practice, of course, it’s cleaner and safer to use a table.
- Be sure the room is kept comfortable and the temperature of the space works for both practitioner and client.
Principles and concepts:
As with any type of reiki, there are five principles to keep in mind:
- Do not be angry
- Do not worry
- Be grateful
- Do your duties
- Be kind to others
These principles provide the framework for all of reiki, across the board. Some practitioners sum this up in the phrase “do no harm,” which also gets the point across fairly well. The key idea behind reiki is to simply make sure you are always doing what is right and following the guidance of your spirit and the universal energies around you.
How it is performed:
- First, have the person you are healing (or yourself!) lie down on a table or mat on the floor. They should remain clothed completely.
- Turn on some soft music. Although music and sound are not required by this type of reiki, they are also not forbidden. This option can be awkward and uncomfortable for both individuals involved if you practice reiki in complete silence, so adding some soothing music or singing bowl sounds can help the person you’re working on to relax even more.
- You may lay a thin sheet over the individual so you can do your work more easily and without discomfort. You do not have to do this, but many practitioners do.
- From there, you should work through your reiki healing routine by starting at the root chakra and working your way up to the crown chakra. You may touch the person receiving treatment during this time, but be sure to speak with them beforehand and ask if there are any parts of the body they would rather you not touch.
- If you are performing jikiden reiki on yourself, you won’t be able to massage or touch every part of the body as easily. In this case, use energy work instead.
Now that you understand a bit more about jikiden reiki, you may be wondering whether or not it’s the right choice for you. There are a lot of different types of reiki out there, and figure out which ones to focus on for your own studies and your own journey can be challenging. However, jikiden reiki is a good option for many because of its simplicity, and it continues to draw the attention of those who like the idea of a basic, easy-to-learn practice.
If you’re wondering whether or not to dive deeper into jikiden reiki, you may be interested in discovering its advantages. Here are a few benefits of this type of reiki, specifically:
- This is a very effective form of reiki. It works well for many people who try it, and masters see results in their clients quickly as well. Some individuals are shocked to see just how beneficial and functional jikiden reiki really can be.
- Because it’s simple, this type of reiki is easy to learn, master, and perform. Those who are nervous about learning more complicated forms don’t have to worry as much when focusing on jikiden reiki.
- Many individuals report being able to relax and find a more comfortable state of mental being when using jikiden reiki than with other types of reiki. Although each person’s response will be different, this type of reiki can be very relaxing, calming, and encouraging for those in need of assistance, especially with stress, anxiety, and other mental health problems.
- Others have reported having physical health problems treated successfully through reiki as well. Although reiki should always be accompanied by other forms of medical treatment, it can be a very beneficial supplemental healthcare option. This offer can encourage the body to heal more quickly and keep the mind positive throughout the process, too.
- Finally, this type of reiki doesn’t take long to perform. Sessions can be as short as twenty minutes, but they may also be as long as ninety minutes. It’s really all up to the person in need of treatment as well as the practitioner providing the treatment to determine the right length of time. The flexibility of this type of reiki is just one of its many benefits.
There may be many other reasons that individuals are drawn to jikiden reiki. If you feel like this type of reiki is calling to you, then don’t be afraid to reach out and give it a try for yourself. You may be surprised at how quickly you take to it and how much it can do for you!