Are you looking for a reiki job?
Why can it sometimes be a good idea to consider reiki jobs over more conventional ones?
What are some benefits of this type of job?
Here are a few to keep in mind:
- Reiki work is very rewarding and allows you to use your skills and abilities for good purposes.
- Working in reiki lets you be more flexible with your schedule.
- It can be very exciting to connect with others and help them heal by providing reiki services to your community.
Working in reiki may not be for everyone. However, if you feel like this path is calling you, then it may be time to rethink conventional employment and look for a reiki job instead.
In this article, we’ll show you a few options so you can see what your choices are when looking for work in the reiki field. You can also examine some job listings and find out what employers are looking for.
Read on to learn more!
Types of Reiki Jobs
There are a few options to choose from when you’re looking for a job in the world of reiki. Some of these require more certification than others, so keep this in mind as you check out these options. Remember, too, that different practices may hire different positions, and each practice has its own needs.
- This is the most common reiki job out there. A reiki practitioner is anyone who practices reiki on other people. You should be at least reiki level 2 before you’re able to practice on others, but some reiki level 1 healers can practice distance reiki as well.
- Many existing reiki practices won’t hire anyone who hasn’t at least obtained reiki level 3, and some require reiki mastery in order to be hired as part of the practice. Each one has its own requirements, so do your research before applying.
- In order to teach reiki, you must be a reiki master, and you must have held this title for a while as well. Different locations require a different amount of experience before you can be qualified to teach reiki.
Reiki center manager
- Managers of reiki centers may not have to be certified in reiki themselves, but should have at least some experience in both giving and receiving reiki healing.
Reiki center front desk worker
- If you’re looking for a way to work in a reiki surrounding while you study it yourself, you might want to work as a receptionist or front desk worker in a reiki healing center.
Take a look at these reiki job listings to find out more about what’s required for reiki practitioners. You can actually find Reiki job opportunities anywhere you would normally find employment online. As with any job site, jobs will come and go, but take a peek at the Reiki job openings on these sites below and see if there’s anything that’s a good fit for you.
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=reiki
- At the time of this writing, it seems that Indeed doesn’t have too many specific Reiki positions available. There are some similar job types though and still worth the look. Expect several types of healing services, including physical massage therapists as well as life coaches. There are all sorts of jobs available for all types of centers.
- You will need to sign up and create your Indeed account to apply to any of these jobs.
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.simplyhired.com/search?q=reiki
- This job listing is also a paid opportunity, but instead of paying by the hour like the previous listing, it pays a salary annually. In this job, potential employees should be willing to work as part of a practice that is just getting started in the Los Angeles area.
- The listing also mentions yoga instructors as well as physical massage therapists along with a need for reiki healers. The practice requires at least six months of experience and also mentions both indoor and outdoor sessions. It’s another good example of what it might be like to apply at an upscale healing center in a big city.
- You will need to sign up with SimplyHired to apply to any of these jobs.
Dream Life Recovery Reiki Practitioner
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/reiki-practitioner-dream-life-recovery-JV_IC1152834_KO0,18_KE19,38.htm?jl=3549009331&ctt=1590132152498
- This job is located in Donegal, Pennsylvania. It’s a bit different from the previous two, in that the practice wants to hire a reiki healer as a contractor instead of as an hourly or salaried employee. In essence, this is “freelance” reiki healing work, which may not be ideal for everyone but can be a good solution for those looking for experience.
- This location requires reiki certification as well as a willingness to work as part of a medical and clinical care team. There is also a management component involved in this position.
Volunteer: Reiki Therapy for Hospice Patient
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/volunteer-reiki-therapy-for-hospice-patient-cleveland-at-city-of-ashtabula-1537546991?refId=1aa19ffc-8bc0-427e-8658-7f4b8b8f7f77&trk=public_jobs_topcard_title
- This is a volunteer position, so there is no payment involved. It’s located in the Cleveland, Ohio area and can provide brand new reiki practitioners with a great opportunity to gain verifiable experience while spreading healing to those who need it.
- This option is a job working with Hospice patients, which means the volunteer should be emotionally willing and capable of working with patients who are terminally ill. It’s not a job for the faint of heart, but it is an excellent chance to hone reiki skills while making a difference at the same time.
Virtual Teaching Assistant – Usui Reiki Master Training
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.idealist.org/en/volunter-opportunity/2b29f7d99de3442494dc0bc7ba184ea9-virtual-teacher-assistant-ta-usui-reiki-master-training-indigo-international-dartmouth
- This is another volunteer position that is ideal for resume building as well as sharing positive energy and light. Reiki masters can apply for this volunteer position and can gain the opportunity to work teaching reiki to others who are interested in learning it. This offer is a one-year volunteer commitment and requires at least a few hours a week or more, depending on the needs of the volunteer organization at the time.
- This position is conducted remotely, so it’s open to anyone anywhere with enough reiki experience. This type of position can help you grow your practice, improve your skills, and reach out to more people in the worldwide reiki community as well.
Did you learn everything you wanted to know about reiki jobs? There’s a lot to take in, so spend some time thinking about it before you decide whether or not this path is right for you.
Of course, there’s always one question on everyone’s mind when discussing a reiki career: how realistic is it to make a living out of doing reiki? It is as realistic as you make it! Since you’ll likely own your own business when you are a reiki practitioner, it’s up to you to market yourself and make sure you’re offering services that are enticing to your community.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to own your own business, you can always work in a practice run by another practitioner. This can be more beneficial in terms of gathering clients, but it can be frustrating to not have control over your practice as well.
Keep all this in mind as you try to choose whether or not this path is right for you.