What is Kundalini reiki?
Is it very different from basic reiki?
Does it require a specific certification in order to practice it?
Kundalini reiki is a type of reiki that incorporates the principles of kundalini, or the energy of the earth. It focuses heavily on the root chakra because of this, and it provides a lot of healing power in a short amount of time.
There’s no certification required to practice kundalini reiki on yourself or on friends or family. However, you can become certified as a kundalini reiki master if you want to add it to your reiki practice.
Read through this article to learn more about kundalini reiki.
In this section, you’ll find out more about what to expect from practicing kundalini reiki. Although it’s not entirely different from traditional reiki, the differences are enough that they may stand out to those who are more used to the general idea of this practice. Read through this section to get a general idea of how kundalini reiki sessions usually go.
Commonly used materials:
- Kundalini reiki doesn’t necessarily require anything more than a soothing setting and a pair of hands. At its core, this type of reiki can be performed by a skilled practitioner simply by touching the patient and manipulating their energies around them as they lie still on a mat or table.
- However, many practitioners incorporate healing crystals into this type of reiki. Crystals can cleanse blockages in the chakras and can also balance energies in the body. At the same time, they can amplify the already powerful abilities of kundalini reiki. This is why they make such a good addition to this type of reiki practice.
Principles and concepts:
- Kundalini reiki incorporates the basic reiki principles. Like all forms of reiki, it focuses on the idea of “doing no harm” and expands from there to provide assistance when needed to oneself and to others.
- It also pulls in the idea of kundalini, which is a powerful source of energy that can be drawn into the body through the root chakra. It can also be tapped into and used to heal blockages and to treat problems in the body, mind, and spirit. When combined with reiki, kundalini is extremely strong.
How it is performed:
- Like most types of reiki, kundalini reiki is performed on a client or patient who lays on a table or mat. They should keep their clothes on.
- The practitioner will likely turn on some soothing music or play gentle white noise. It is also possible to light candles or incense, as long as you can do so safely in your location.
- From there, many practitioners use crystal pendulums to test the chakras for blockages. They may also test in other ways.
- Areas with blockages are then treated by the reiki practitioner through gentle touches and energy massage. Sessions typically do not last very long.
Videos to Help You Learn
Take a look at these videos to help you find out more about kundalini reiki. Some of these are more informational while others provide more guidance. Either way, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for when you check out these videos, so make sure you include them in your studies and take time to think about what you might learn from them along the way, too.
The Kundalini Reiki 1 Attunement Video
- This video provides information that can be read by the viewer. It sums up the concepts of kundalini reiki and provides some of the basics required for level 1 attunement. This offer is intended to help open up the mind and heart, and to encourage the practitioner to complete level 1 and move on to level 2.
- This video may be confusing for those who are just getting started learning about reiki, so it’s better suited to those with a little bit more experience. Take your time with this one if you’re a complete newbie.
Kundalini Reiki 2020
- This video provides a very general idea of what this type of reiki really means. It discusses briefly what reiki is and then goes on to explain what kundalini means as well. This choice also references the relationship between kundalini and snakes.
- This is a video that can be beneficial for those who are looking for basics to help them get started. It is not very in-depth, and it will probably only bring up more questions than answers. However, it can spur you on into deeper areas of study and help you focus your attention on kundalini reiki.
Kundalini Reiki Energy/Energy Healing
- This is a guided reiki healing session lead by an experienced practitioner. It is intended to be followed by beginners as well as more experienced individuals interested in kundalini reiki. This session incorporates very simple, basic concepts and does not become too complicated or confusing, making it easier for newcomers to follow.
- Although it is guided, there’s very little described in the video, so it can still be a bit overwhelming to those who haven’t tried kundalini reiki before. It’s also very powerful, and it may be a little too much for some individuals as well.
Kundalini Reiki Session
- In this video, you can watch a complete kundalini reiki session performed on an individual. This is an excellent video for anyone looking to gain insight into how this type of reiki is meant to be performed, and what to expect when attending a session as a patient or client as well.
- The reiki practitioner in the video does a good job of showing what she is doing. However, she doesn’t speak much to explain it aloud, so it can be tricky for complete beginners to follow what she is doing.
Kundalini Reiki (Level 1)
- This is a short but detailed video describing what kundalini reiki is and how an individual can go about earning a mastery in this type of reiki. It also includes information on what to expect when learning at each level, with a specific focus on level 1.
- This video also includes some physical demonstrations of how to meditate and how to share energy, especially from a perspective of self-healing. Since self-healing is the main focus of level 1 of kundalini reiki (and of most types of reiki), it’s important to learn this concept and be able to perform it effectively before moving on to healing others.
Why is kundalini reiki the best choice for many practitioners? Check out these kundalini reiki benefits:
- This is one of the strongest forms of reiki. It doesn’t take long for the healing energies to start flowing with this type of reiki.
- For practitioners and patients in a hurry, this type of reiki is idea. Each session lasts only about ten to thirty minutes.
- Those who need help with staying grounded more often than not can gain what they’re looking for with this type of reiki.
In the end, the choice is entirely up to you. But if you think kundalini reiki may be right for you, don’t be afraid to learn more and discover everything you need to know about this powerful variant of reiki practice.