How many reiki levels are there?
What does level 1 mean in terms of reiki practicing?
What are the requirements to qualify for reiki level 1?
There are three levels in reiki practice. The third level, on completion, leads to Reiki Master status. The other two levels should be worked through at a steady, reasonable pace, and will prepare the student to eventually progress to the end of their studies.
In order to qualify for reiki level one study, you simply need to be interested in learning. Through the level, you will learn how to perform reiki on yourself, as well as a quick reiki background for some context.
When you have completed your level 1 practice, it will be time to become attuned. Attunement is the process of completing one level of reiki and moving on to the next. If you’re studying with a reiki master as your teacher, they will let you know when you’re ready to attune.
In this article, you’ll find out more about what to expect from level 1 reiki studies. We’ve also provided several videos to give you an even more thorough idea of what level 1 may mean for you. Read on to learn more!
All About Level 1 Reiki
Before you start learning about reiki, it’s important to understand what level 1 reiki means and what you can expect if you’re at level 1 in your studies. Read through the information in this section to give you a better idea of this beginner’s level reiki.
What happens when you go to a class, lecture, or session about level 1 reiki?
- In the first session, you’ll typically learn about the history and culture surrounding reiki. You will also be introduced to vocabulary words that can help you better understand and speak about reiki.
- From there, you’ll usually see a sample healing session performed and learn a little bit more about how to practice this healing on yourself.
How long does a typical level 1 session take?
- A session should take about a half an hour to an hour. This depends entirely on the teacher, however, so reiki level 1 classes may vary in length. Find classes you like based on the amount of time the master spends teaching in each one.
How many classes or sessions should you attend before you complete level 1?
- This is also entirely dependent on the teacher in charge of the class. Some masters will attune and certify level 1 reiki students after just a few days, while others require several weeks or more of study and practice in order to gain their qualifications for level 2.
What are some of the most important benefits of qualifying for level 1 reiki?
- When you complete your first reiki level, you’ll have the skills and information needed to practice reiki on yourself. This will make it easier for you to heal your own issues and learn how to help others the more you practice. You’ll also discover how to tap into energies and use them for good.
Videos to Help You Learn
In this section, you’ll find links to several videos that can help you learn more about reiki at the first level. Use them to provide a springboard for your learning before you enroll in official courses.
Reiki Course Level 1
- This video begins with some general information about energy as well as how reiki pertains to it. It also explains what chakras are and what reiki does to help heal the mind, body, and spirit. The video includes several techniques for reiki healing and helps students learn how to practice it on themselves as well as on others.
- The video is free, but in order to be attuned and certified, anyone who is interested in this course will be asked to pay an additional cost at the end of the video.
Reiki Attunement Level 1: Learning the Basics
- This video gives a very quick introduction to the concept of reiki, where it came from, and what to expect when studying it. It also explains more about the first level of reiki and how students can learn to focus on healing themselves before working on others.
- This video provides a good overview, but does not actually teach anything about reiki. Students who are interested can learn what to expect from this video, but should dive deeper for more information if they want to study further.
Teaching the Reiki First Degree Attunement
- This video can be used to help new students gain an understanding of what takes place during an in-person reiki healing session. It showcases a reiki master performing a common healing routine, as he speaks through the session and explains what he’s doing.
- This video is an ideal resource for anyone who is a complete beginner to the concept of reiki. This offer can help level 1 students grasp the concept of a healing session and know what they are working toward in their own practices. It’s important for new students to watch videos such as these so they can visualize the sharing of their energies.
Meditation for Reiki Level One Attunements
- This video is a guided meditation that is intended to attune level 1 reiki students and help them complete their level 1 studies. The meditation can be performed and listened to before a student is ready to attune, but it won’t have the same effect as it will when the student is prepared to move on to the next level.
- Attunement is important, in that it prepares level 1 reiki students to move on to level 2. This meditation can provide a sense of calm, mindfulness, and acceptance that is necessary for level 1 students.
Free Reiki Attunement (Level 1)
- This is another video that includes a guided meditation for those looking to attune at level 1 and move on to level 2. This choice includes calming music in the background and provides a sense of calm, peace, and healing that students can accept as well as learn how to share with others.
- The video is relaxing and may make it easier for students to tap into the energies of the universe around them. It is useful for practicing guided meditation as well as understanding reiki healing more completely.
What comes next? Now that you’ve mastered level 1 reiki, how do you know it’s time to move on to the next level? When studying a course that is taught by a master, you should wait for your master to let you know it’s time to move on. If you’re studying on your own, however, you should give yourself a few months after completing your level 1 course before you go to the next level.
Giving yourself enough time between levels will ensure that you can perfect your practice and truly understand everything you’ve learned. You’ll also find out more about how to heal yourself the longer you work on it. This experience, eventually, will lead you to a better and stronger ability to heal others through reiki as well.
Get started on your level 1 reiki journey by finding the right class and instructor and learning right away!