Have you ever heard of reiki?
Have there been times when you’ve wanted to learn more about it?
What is reiki and how does it work?
Is it real?
Reiki originated in Japan and has been around since the early 1900s. It took off in the Western world and gained popularity, and it is now practiced to some extent worldwide.
Reiki is often used to treat mental, emotional, and spiritual needs. However, it can also be used to help supplement physical healing from medical professionals.
Many people believe reiki isn’t real, or are skeptical of its results. However, there are also many who swear by the benefits they receive from regular reiki treatments. In this article, we hope to discuss all of that and much more.
Read through the information below so you can draw your own conclusions about the efficacy of reiki treatment.
How Does Reiki Work?
What happens to the practitioner during the session?
- Before a session, the reiki practitioner will ask spiritual guides to provide them with healing energy from the universe. They will request that that energy move to where it is needed most in their client.
- During the session, the healer will focus solely on the client’s needs. They will remain in a state of openness and acceptance, and they will listen to any guidance they receive from their spiritual guides throughout the process.
- The healer will also listen to what the client tells them before and after the session. This portion of the session makes it easier for the healer to understand what the client needs assistance with.
What happens to the client during the session?
- Clients are encouraged to lie down and close their eyes. Becoming relaxed is key when dealing with reiki sessions.
- The client then receives positive energy vibrations from the reiki healer. The healer may place healing crystals on the client’s body, or may lightly place their hands on the client’s body instead. However, much of the healing process will be touchless.
- The client may provide feedback about how the session went after the fact, and may speak up with any concerns or questions during the session. However, otherwise, they are expected to be quiet, still, and reflective as the healer works.
What kinds of results can be felt right after a session is over?
- After a session, clients are likely to feel calmer and more at peace with themselves and their situations.
- Clients may feel very relaxed and ready to take a nap.
- Most of the time, clients feel lighter and happier than they did before the session.
- Some clients, however, may have uncovered traumas that linger with them after a session is over. If this is the case, they may need additional reiki sessions to work through these memories, or they may need guidance on how to handle these memories on their own once they get back home.
Are there any results that take a while to appear?
- Overall, reiki can help improve happiness and contentment with life as time goes on. The longer a person has regular reiki treatments, the more likely they are to remain peaceful.
- Reiki can also help mindfulness, meditation, and a general sense of joy with life and situations.
Benefits of Practicing Reiki
Stress and anxiety relief
- This is quite possibly the most common purpose for reiki sessions, as well as the most common benefit. People who are dealing with a lot of anxiety and stress in their lives enjoy reiki sessions because they help them slow down, take stock of what’s going on in their mind and body, and work toward coping with their problems.
- Reiki also helps improve mindfulness and meditation, which can also be used to deal with the sources of anxiety in daily life.
Emotional and mental balance
- Many people who book reiki sessions are desperate for help with emotional and mental struggles. They may have mental illnesses or disorders that leave them feeling out of control of their own selves, or they may not be able to respond emotionally to situations in a way that they feel they should. Either way, reiki can help.
- Reiki utilizes healing energies to balance the emotions and calm the mind. It can help bring conflicting energies within the body to a place where they both work together, and it can neutralize negativity as well.
- Along the same lines as balancing emotions, reiki can help clients work through trauma and deal with fears that prevent them from finding peace in their lives. The positive energies of reiki can help them look at situations from different perspectives and come to terms with their pasts as well.
- These same clients can also benefit from reiki improving their self-confidence and self-image. Many individuals have trouble feeling good about themselves, but reiki can teach them to be compassionate and loving toward themselves—as well as toward others in their lives!
Strengthening the immune system
- Over time, calming the mind can also make the body heal faster. There is scientific evidence to prove that better mental health and wellbeing can keep some individuals from getting sick as easily. And since reiki can improve mental strength, it can also make it easier to stay well physically, too.
- Reiki can be used to manage illness, injury, and chronic pain. However, it should never be used as a sole treatment option, and should always be a supplemental source of healing to go along with professional medical care. Reiki is not a substitute for assistance from healthcare professionals.
- With that said, however, it can be used to help improve a client’s state of mind regarding illness or injury. In this way, it can encourage the body to heal more quickly or to cope better with long-term pain. It can also release tension that contributes to many types of pain and illness, too.
So does reiki work? Many people believe that it does. A lot of the benefits of reiki have to do with the openness of the person receiving it; therefore, those who believe in reiki are more likely to see results than those who don’t. However, everyone has the potential to benefit from reiki, whether they choose to believe that or not.
What are some signs to look for in order to determine if it’s working for you? Other than positive changes in your life and your wellbeing, there are a few physical ways you can tell you’ve just received reiki or that it is working and flowing throughout your body. Be on the lookout for these sensations that might prove reiki is working:
- Warm or hot hands after a session
- Pulsing sensations in the body
- Sensing life energy in others or in animals
- Tingling in any parts of the body
- Sleepiness after the session is over
There may be other signs your reiki is doing what it’s supposed to do, as well. Be open and look for changes that indicate you’re receiving all the benefits you need and more from your energy healing sessions. You may be surprised at just how reiki makes itself known to you!